Saturday, January 3, 2015

Good morning 2015!



  I hope everyone's New Year is off to a rocking new start.
So sorry for the long silence on posts but it has been a busy couple of years.
Here is the abridged version.  In 2012 my DH was transferred to Houston. So we had to sell a house, buy a new one, pack up and move.
Surprisingly the selling of the old house was the easy part. It was on the market for exactly seven days and on day seven we had five offers. Looking for and finding another home turned out to be a pickle! We hired a Realtor, looked at 31 homes with her, fired said Realtor, then hired a new one. The new Realtor was great and really listened to what we were looking for. The second home she showed us was the one.
After we moved, I started working on moving my mom to Houston. That took a year because of  health issues, doctors and finding her just the right place.
Since getting her settled I have been remodeling the new house and getting used to living in Houston.

             Houston: Mid-Century Modern


                                         Craft room post-move in


                              After






On the creative front

Now that things are back to somewhat normal, I am ready to start teaching classes again. There a few fun things in the works, and I will let everyone know as soon as the details are finalized. So until then here is a look at some of the things I have been doing.

 Embossed metal journal with resin

 Fan wreath

 ATC & altered matchbox

 Fairy globe

 Leather Journal





3 comments: