I decided to do a Dress form pin cushion as my Summer project. This had to be one of the easiest projects I have done. I chose a beach theme, but think of the possibilities..... You could do anything with this girl.
Muslin (for dress form & sash)
Wooden sun (from Hobby Lobby)
Making memories (buttercup paint)
Perfect pearls (mandarin)
Small sea shells
Adirondack ink (wildflower)
small letter stamp
Two Summer charms
Ric rac and ribbon
1. Cut muslin dress form front and back. mark darts with an air erase pen. Stitch darts. Iron darts toward center.
2. Stitch dress form front to back with 1/4" seam allowance. Leave opening on bottom as shown. Trim points and clip curves. Turn dress form right side out.
3. Assemble dress form base glue dowel into spool, paint and add paper and ribbon.
4. Paint the sun base and glue a light coat of sand to the center. Let dry and then lightly dust with Perfect pearls "mandarin" an add the micro beads around the edge. When finish glue the spool to the center of your base.
.5. With flourish stamp add decorative markings to front of dress form. I also stamped the sash and added some perfect peals to highlight it.
6. Stuff top half of form firmly. Insert dress form onto dowel and continue stuffing. Place a little glue around dowel to hold in place firmly. Add finial to the top of your dowel and glue it in place.
7. Start arranging and gluing sea shells around the base. Then stitch your sash and charms to the dress form.
8. Lastly I glued little shells to the stick pins.
Happy Summer hopping :) Next stop is Leslie.